Goodbye, Dear Friend
Over the past year and half, I have had the opportunity to serve the youth of our stake in the YW Stake Presidency. I believe that I was given this opportunity to help me learn and grow from others. Also, it kept me busy when I had just sent out my son to Siberia.... it did help...funny how that works.
Over the past year, I have made some very incredible memories to choose from. I attended the many Ward Camps last summer, attended Youth Conference, planned and carried-out serving others in various stake activities. Most recent, was our Girls Camp this summer. Not long into my calling serving in the stake Young Women, my friend --Lisa (YW Pres.) was diagnosed with cancer.
Over the past year, I have continued to serve by her side as she bravely, humbly lived and served with dignity and strength. What a blessing this was for me in my life....yesterday, Lisa passed away. Today, (Sunday) was my assigned week to speak, my last, ...I spoke in Lisa's Ward --- humbling.
I will miss Lisa. Last week, her family let a few close friends visit her, I had the opportunity to spend some time with her... I mentioned I was speaking in her ward, I asked her what she wanted me to share with the YW of our stake? She said, "Tell them that their Heavenly Father loves them each, individually, he knows us Rene, and he loves us".
Over the past year, I have made some very incredible memories to choose from. I attended the many Ward Camps last summer, attended Youth Conference, planned and carried-out serving others in various stake activities. Most recent, was our Girls Camp this summer. Not long into my calling serving in the stake Young Women, my friend --Lisa (YW Pres.) was diagnosed with cancer.
Over the past year, I have continued to serve by her side as she bravely, humbly lived and served with dignity and strength. What a blessing this was for me in my life....yesterday, Lisa passed away. Today, (Sunday) was my assigned week to speak, my last, ...I spoke in Lisa's Ward --- humbling.
I will miss Lisa. Last week, her family let a few close friends visit her, I had the opportunity to spend some time with her... I mentioned I was speaking in her ward, I asked her what she wanted me to share with the YW of our stake? She said, "Tell them that their Heavenly Father loves them each, individually, he knows us Rene, and he loves us".
Lisa playing water kickball with the Layton Hills Stake Young Women



Comments
Philip and Megan
We love you all and always will.
Grandpa Bart
she was a good friend to you. Her
influince will remain for a lot of
people for a long time. Love Ya
Iris
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to rub shoulders with her. She is amazing woman with an amazing relationship with our Savior and Father. I don't doubt she will be working her touchee off in Heaven.:)
Bless her dear sweet children and husband who have to wait to see her again. It's a good assurance to know that she has raised them well to understand the plan and that they will ALL be united again at some point.
Ah - LOVE that woman and all she stands for! Give her family a big hug from us!!